Revenue Accounting Manager
Would you like the opportunity to work with the leading provider of broadcast and digital ad management systems in the world?
Operative a global vertical market enterprise software company with over 1000 employees and significant operations in New York City, Israel and India, is looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager. Approximately, 75% of the Company’s commercial activity is in North America, however it has operations and customers in US, Europe, Israel, India and Australia. The Company is majority owned by Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm, who made their investment in 2016. The Company is a clear leader in its market with both SaaS and Licensed software products and is involved in a very dynamic industry with a high degree of innovation. The company plans to continue its growth trajectory both organically and by M&A to capitalize on its current position and current market opportunity.
The Revenue Accounting Manager will be responsible for the company’s global revenue team and be responsible for interpreting and assessing revenue accounting treatment for new business models and large complex arrangements and multiple element arrangement sales transactions as applicable, and will lead the global implementation of IFRS 15. This leader will report to the Global Order to Cash Controller, and will also be accountable for developing policies and processes, enhancing and monitoring operational and accounting based controls, develop, analyze and report business intelligence analytics.
- Serve as an internal technical accounting expert for revenue accounting
- Exercise judgment within defined policies and authoritative literature to determine appropriate action related to revenue-related transactions and write related technical memos
- Manage the revenue team in the review of contracts and sales orders
- Manage the monthly close process related to revenue including the timely completion of close items, analytical review, deferred revenue schedule and other reports
- Leading the global implementation of IFRS 15 and the required changes to the financial systems required to address the impact of the new standard on the Groups revenue recognition policies
- Implement timely reporting and process improvements based upon industry trends, authoritative literature and business objectives
- Monitor relevant IFRS and SEC developments to ensure revenue recognition policies and procedures are in compliance
- Work closely other functional team to improve system processes and reporting outputs
- Help to develop trainings on revenue recognition rules, policies and practices to present to Sales and other departments within the organization
- Participate in monthly and quarterly revenue forecast procedures
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in the application of all relevant IFRS revenue accounting standards and working knowledge of all other current authoritative literature related to revenue recognition is required
- Deep knowledge of IFRS 15
- Strong communication and organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate experience in interacting with all levels of management
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office software, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint, large ERP experience is an advantage (NetSuite a plus!)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance and qualified CPA
- MBA (or other relevant advanced degree) is an advantage
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in Accounting / Finance
- 2+ years’ experience with software, service subscription arrangements and SaaS revenue accounting
- A background in Big 4 public accounting firm is preferred
- Proven managerial experience
- Excellent Oral and Written English communication
- Location: Jerusalem, Israel
- Reporting to: VP of Finance
- Position Type: Full-time
- Travel may be required
- Salary Level: Competitive
Do you meet our requirements? If so, we welcome your application. Please send your resume and a cover letter by clicking Apply For This Position, enter Revenue Accounting Manager – Position Code: 2021 in the subject line.