As a company committed to helping websites, Operative respects the privacy expectations visitors have of those websites and the importance of their trust. For this reason, our policies are founded on respect, fairness, transparency, and consumer choice.
What we DO
- We collect Website and section visit history
- We collect Operating system and browser type information
- We keep historical data for up to 18 months for reporting and auditing purposes
- We obtain and store supplemental data obtained from third-party data providers
- We store data using cookies
- We allow visitors to opt-out or disable data collection activity by clicking the Opt-Out button below
What we DON’T DO
- We DO NOT collect personally identifiable information (PII)
- We DO NOT share data that we collect with any website other than the website you are visiting
- We DO NOT collect, store or share IP addresses
- We DO NOT collect data that could be tied to sensitive data categories
- We DO NOT use any other method for data storage other than cookies
What are Cookies?
Cookies refer to a capability built into all browsers that allow website to store data on a visitor’s computer for future use. Security features built into all browsers prevent this data from being shared across different websites, so a website can only access information that it already had knowledge of and previously stored.
For more information on cookies and their use, visit http://www.aboutads.info/.
Note that although Operative receives browser data from third parties, it never shares the browser data it collects with third parties.
We store data using cookies exclusively (no other data storage methods are used)
Technologies such as locally stored objects, HTML5 persitence, “supercookies”, flash cookies, fingerprinting etc., all serve similar purposes to cookies and can circumvent a consumer’s reasonable expectation of having opted out or otherwise controlled collection of data about their browser. We DO NOT use these technologies.
We do not collect, store or share IP addresses.
IP addresses are an essential part of web communications, but sometimes they can be used to identify a particular browser. We have designed our system so that we do not collect this information or store it. We do collect information that is derived from your IP address, such as the geographic region of your browser’s connection to the internet.
We do not collect data that could be tied to sensitive data categories.
We keep the information that we do collect for up to 18 months for reporting purposes and in case a client needs to audit the data behind our reports. We may keep summaries of that data in a form that cannot be tied back to an individual browser for a longer period of time.
NOTICE: Operative Media, Inc. collects the information you provide on this website solely for the purpose of providing you with information you have requested. Operative Media, Inc. does not sell, rent, lease or share information about you with any third parties except to provide the information you’ve requested.