IT Team Leader
Would you like the opportunity to work with the leading provider of broadcast and digital ad management systems in the world?
Operative, a leading provider of business solutions for major Media companies is currently looking for an IT Team Leader to maintain and support Operative datacenters, networks, and offices. The IT Team Leader will lead the team in the Bangalore, India Office.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and company data centers.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for information processing and computer systems operations and development.
- Meet with managers to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines
- Hire and manage information systems personnel and contractors
- Operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems
- Co work with IT Manager to control the computer systems budgets and expenditures
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system and AWS Environment.
- Be familiar with leading Industry standards hardware and software.
- Be familiar with network operating system
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology
- Train staff about potential uses of existing technology
- Provide individual training and support on request
- Provide recommendations about accessing information and support
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources
- Troubleshoot all technology issues including cloud environment.
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance
- Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources
- Research current and potential resources and services
- Insure fast, stable and secure network access to all company employees across the globe.
- Install work stations, including hardware setup and software installation.
- Manage and provide network accounts and passwords as required.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 7-8 years’ experience in the IT & security fields.
- ITIL certification relevant to last 5 years.
- Degrees in Computer Science, Information Security, MIS etc. or equivalent experience required. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Proven experience from enterprise level companies (500 employees and above).
Proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Computer hardware and software systems and programs (OS: Windows, Unix, Linux; HW: HP, DELL, IBM : Office, AD (FSMO), Microsoft Exchange, GPO, Office 365, SharePoint Online)
- Computer networks, network administration and network installation (Cisco, HP, NetGear)
- Strong Skills in SAN & NAS Storage management (3PAR, EVA, Dell)
- Backup and restore systems (B. exec, DPM)
- Cloud management and configuration (Amazon AWS, IBM SofltLayer)
- Computer troubleshooting
- Computer viruses, firewall configuration and security (Trend Micro AV, SonicWall, checkpoint)
- Knowledge of current technological trends and developments in the area of information security (FW, AV, IPS, WAF, NAC etc.)
- Experience with FW, AV, IPS, WAF, NAC products, creating, implementing, and maintaining security policies, and working in or supporting an incident response team is preferred
Must demonstrate the following skills:
- Management and supervisory skills
- Ability to install and administer computer hardware, software and networks
- Team building skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
- Effective written communications skills
- Fluent in working with Office suites.
Advantage if you have
- Basic Oracle, MSSQL server knowledge – an advantage.
- Location: Bangalore, India
- Reporting to: Global IT and Infrastructure Manager
- Position Type: Full-time
- Salary Level: Competitive
Do you meet our requirements? If so, we welcome your application. Please send your resume and a cover letter by clicking Apply For This Position, adding the job title in the subject line