New York City
Legal Counsel & Data Protection Officer
Would you like the opportunity to work with the leading provider of broadcast and digital ad management systems in the world?
Operative is a trusted partner to more than 300 top global media companies across 25 countries, managing over $40B in ad revenue through our platforms annually, with an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a passion for technology, negotiation, and legal compliance for a hybrid role as Legal Counsel and DPO:
- The successful candidate will be Operative’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) and responsible for Operative’s data privacy compliance program, including compliance with GDPR, CCPA and other applicable laws.
- This lawyer will also support the commercial sales business of Operative, including SaaS and on-premises software, vendor agreements and other general legal functions.
- Working closely with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), engineering organization, sales organization and commercial legal team to ensure:
- that contract templates contain adequate data privacy-related terms, and assist with contract negotiations generally; and
- alignment between data privacy and data security policies, practices and tools regarding the security of Operative’s systems and data.
- Negotiating all data protection agreements (DPAs) with customers and vendors.
- Collaborating with CISO and providing legal support on all cybersecurity and data breach issues, including security audits, employee training and incident response.
- Directly supporting requests from the sales and finance organizations related to RFPs, new commercial agreements, change orders and renewals. Working on licensing agreements, sourcing and procurement agreements.
Skills and Experience
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, but also successfully co-exist within a close-knit team. Willing to tackle matters in and outside areas of expertise with professional enthusiasm
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload as well as meet deadlines within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Juris Doctor or equivalent from an accredited law school and member of state bar in good standing,
- Minimum 3 years experience in the field of privacy and information security or data protection,
- CIPP/US and CIPP/E or other relevant certification preferred
- Minimum 3 experience and as a commercial lawyer negotiating drafting technology-related agreements
- Location: New York City, Atlanta will be considered
- Position Type: Full-time
- Reports To: General Counsel (as Legal Counsel) & Board of Directors (as DPO)
- These duties and responsibilities may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Company.
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive or exclusive list of duties. You may be required to carry out any other associated tasks to ensure the successful delivery of Operative’s objectives.
Do you meet our requirements? If so, we welcome your application. Please send your resume and a cover letter by clicking Apply For This Position, adding the job title in the subject line