New York City or Remote Office
Would you like the opportunity to work with the leading provider of broadcast and digital ad management systems in the world?
The Account Management team helps keep Operative growing and profitable by ensuring that customers maximize the value they get from our engagement and products, making them loyal customers that stay longer, buy more and refer others.
As an experienced account manager, you will intensely build a strong pipeline and execute on each phase of the sales process. You will use your knowledge of products, services, customer and key competitors to uncover customer needs and offer value-based solutions. As a strong influencer, you will build and leverage customer relationships throughout the sales process using internal resources to deliver a winning opportunity and strategy for the customer. You will leverage your creativity, “thinking outside the box”, leveraging Operative executives, into the sales process by establishing executive sponsorship and contact within prospects early in the sales cycle. You help customers realize their full potential through accelerating adoption and productive use of Operative solutions. You are sharp, have an analytical mind that can solve complex problems, develop strong trusted-advisor relationships, can communicate effectively with senior management (internally and externally), keep your clam under pressure and serve as part of a high-energy team. The Account Manager is also responsible for growing revenue by finding opportunities for our clients to extend and expand the use of our systems and services.
- A proven ability to achieve booking, revenue and renewal targets
- Someone with at least ten-years enterprise software selling experience, preferably in either an Operative competitor, WFM, CRM or ERP environments
- A proven relationship-builder and influencer with a strong understanding of customer needs and objectives, and the keen ability to connect with those needs and objectives and reframe the way the client views their business
- A partner to both internal colleagues and partners, leveraging those relationships to deliver value to the customer and meet sales goals
- Someone who is dynamic and self-motivated, with an appreciation of corporate goals
- An exceptional communicator- someone who is articulate, confident, self-aware and personable, with presentation skills that are effective, clear and concise
- Primary liaison between client and Operative internal departments
- Manage a multi-million-dollar portfolio of media accounts by building long-term, consultative client relationships
- Develop an expertise on how Operative has solved unique business challenges for your clients
- Identify and drive up-sell and cross-sell opportunities within your customer base
- Conduct regular meetings with customers to ensure satisfaction, adoption, and success with Operative’s portfolio of products and solutions
- Manage strategic account plans and sales activity tracking in salesforce.com
- Produce satisfied customers through your interactions and consultations who are willing to recommend Operative to other businesses
- Exposure to sales, product management and marketing is required
- Experience in or a solid understanding of value-based selling
- A road warrior! Willingness to travel as the job requires, >50%
Skills and Experience
- Experience with media, enterprise software sales or software-as-a-service.
- Proven and referenceable track record of exceeding quotas, managing customer retention and fueling new growth.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel. Experience working with Salesforce preferred.
- Exceptional analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Solution or consultative sales approach and experience.
- Strong client-service orientation and proven team player.
- Location: New York City or Remote Office
- Position Type: Full-time
- Reports To: Sr. Account Manager
- These duties and responsibilities may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Company.
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive or exclusive list of duties. You may be required to carry out any other associated tasks to ensure the successful delivery of Operative’s objectives.
Do you meet our requirements? If so, we welcome your application. Please send your resume and a cover letter by clicking Apply For This Position, adding the job title in the subject line